Paradox Protein is on a mission to make it easy to refuel responsibly. We care deeply about the narrative humans have around food. Food impacts our bodies and the environment in a big way, but we seem to have forgotten this. Our society needs to start eating with the health of our bodies and the environment in mind. One possible positive change is adopting insects into our diets. Crickets are taboo in some cultures, despite their low environmental impact and immense nutritional benefits. We make products like cricket pills and powder mixes to change the way we think about food. Read more at paradoxprotein.com.
Paradox Protein is welcoming submissions for its student essay contest. The contest aims to recognize and foster the academic excellence of students passionate about sustainability, nutrition, and the future of food.
- First place: One student will win a prize of $300
- Second Place: One student will win a prize of $150
Essays must address the prompt, “It will be important to change the eating habits of our society if we want a more sustainable and nutritious future. Changing people’s thoughts around food can be difficult. Share a story about how you changed (1) your own perception around a food or cuisine or (2) helped changed the perception a friend/family member had around a food. How can we apply what you learned from that story to educating the broader population about the importance of making sustainable and nutritious food choices? ”
To enter, students must be enrolled in grades 8 - 12 in the United States.
- All submissions are due by April 15th, 2019 at 5:00 pm Eastern Time
All submissions must be emailed to email@example.com
- All submissions must contain:
- Student’s full legal name and age
- Student’s grade and school
- Student’s contact email and phone number
- Legal guardian’s full legal name and contact email
- All submissions must include a reference to the insect agriculture space
- Essays must be between 500 - 1000 words in length
- Essays must be typed and clearly legible, sent over in either a Microsoft Word document or pasted cleanly into the email text box
Submitted essays will be evaluated by members of the Paradox Protein team. Essays will be assessed on the basis of the relation between the essay theme, creativity, quality of writing, organization, and clarity of ideas.
Essays that meet all requirements and are approved by the Paradox Protein team will be posted on the Paradox protein Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/paradoxprotein/) from April 20th, 2019 - April 27th 2019. The essays with the most likes at the end of that time period will be granted 1st and 2nd place.
Checks will be mailed out to the winners before May 7th, 2019.
Good luck, and have fun!
*Please feel free to send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org